Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just Another Night

The music, oh what great music there was tonight.
A smile on my face, a feeling in my gut, my fingers moving to and fro across the fret board.
The tips of my fingers feel sore as I type, I haven't played so intensely in a while.

The words, oh what powerful words I read tonight.
A conclusion to a wonderful story, a message left resonating in my head, my thoughts racing and my neurons firing.
My head nearly begins to ache, too many late night musings off of too little sleep.

This emotion, oh this familiar emotion I feel tonight.
A desire for something more, a longing to break through this veil, to make that plunge and take the next step.
My body can barely contain it, such an immense warmth clinging to my skin.

My inspiration is high.

My eyes are wide.

My heart and mind are open.

I can't yet touch it, but I can feel it, a little stronger than last time.

And I truly, sincerely believe that it may at last be within my grasp.

That thing, oh that illusive thing I've been craving every night.
A glimmer of it here, a whisper of it there, another subtle hint that leads me further down the rabbit hole.
My gut tells me I've picked up on its trail and I'm gaining on it.

Just need to push farther, reach, strain, accelerate, until....(!!!!)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Or perhaps that's just wishful thinking.
Maybe I've been up dreaming too long, like every other night.

I guess that makes it time to go to sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment