Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thoughts are Free

Thoughts are free, and it's a damn good thing too.
I couldn't afford to pay for all of the ideas that develop in my head.
(I suppose I pay for them in other ways though.)

Thinking is my addiction, I am always in need of a fix.
Yet I never give myself enough time between them.
It's a constant high that I maintain, depend on really.

It's funny how this lack of sobriety gives me clarity.
At least that's what I try to obtain, anyway.
Always searching, always trying to understand things on a different level.

I'm an analyst; I analyze everything, every situation.
Perhaps too much, sometimes I feel like I'm looking for things that aren't really there.
I guess I won't know for sure until I find them, I like to think that I will.

But perhaps I won't; if so, that's okay too.
In fact, that may even be the more appealing outcome.
What a drag it would be for this search for truth and understanding to come to an end.

What would I do then? What would I have left to contemplate?
I suppose I could steal the thoughts of others.
That wouldn't be so hard, seeing as how they are free and all...

Now that's something to think about.

Time to stop before I run out of things to say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment